 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
Sometimes I'm surprised at how much I can get done when I'm motivated. I not only woke up and actually ate breakfast, but I also remembered to use the sugar scrub I made yesterday (review to come), then I set to work on today's creative endeavor. It's actually a project I'd been considering for a while, but I didn't have a way to carry it out until now. (YAY for AWESOME Christmas Presents!) I have an old pant suit that's perfectly useful, but I never wore because the legs of it were too short. I decided to repurpose it into a skirt suit. What's the term people use for things like this? Upcycle? Anywho... Here it is:
I took lots and lots of photos during the whole process. I think at 23 different steps. So it took me around 3 hours total to go from start to finish. And that's including clean up. I've narrowed those steps down to only 7 though.
 |
| First |
1st - I ripped the seams up the inside of each leg. I also ripped the front up the crotch up to the bottom of the zipper. I left the butt side.
 |
| Second |
2nd - I laid the whole thing out flat, so that the former center seams were flat on top of each-other. (Then I tried it on my dress form)
 |
| Third |
3rd - I marked the line that would be my new seam with chalk, and pinned the edges together at bot the front and the back, following my new line where the crotch once was. (Then I tried it on my dress form)
 |
| Fourth |
4th - I stitched the seams I'd just marked and pinned together. To the whole thing was now round and closed like a skirt should be. (Then I tried it on my dress form)
5th - I marked below where I wanted the new hemline to be with chalk, pinned the two sides together so the fabric wouldn't move and cut along the line. I also cut the former crotch fabric off at this point. (Then I tried it on my dress form)
 |
| Fifth - 3 |
 |
| Fifth - 1 |
 |
| Fifth - 2 |
 |
| Sixth |
6th - Next I pinned up the hemline 3/4 of an inch. I pinned close together to make sure the hemline didn't get off and wonky.
 |
| Seventh |
7th - I stitched the hem and I was done! (and I tried it on my dress form)
Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the extra fabric I have from doing this. Any ideas?
No comments:
Post a Comment