I finally ran out of deodorant. It feels like it's been a really long time. Maybe that's because I've been waiting for it to run out since like a week after I bought it. It was around that time that I found a recipe for homemade deodorant on
Crunchy Betty. I later saw recipes for home made deodorant on other sites and it finally sunk in, "Hey! I can make my own." Duh. Deodorant is one of those things that I never really thought about, it just happens. But after reading several posts about why people use their own, or want to make their own, I was convinced this was a more holistic approach to armpits. That, and almost everything else hygiene related I've been using is already pretty crunchy, with a few exceptions. After finding several options in recipes, I settled on the first one I found, because it sounded the most simplistic. And I already had all but one of the 3(4) ingredients. So I rushed out and bought coconut oil, and have been waiting since then.
1st) I cleaned out the old deodorant tube I had, that had just run out. I read that homemade stuff can solidify enough to use in a tube. It's also really cold in this house, so I don't think it'll melt if it does solidify.
2nd) I gathered my ingredients.
1/4 Cup Baking Soda
1/4 Cup Corn Starch
5 Tablespoons Coconut oil
(Several drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil)
3rd) I mixed the ingredients together in a bowl with a fork. It wasn't mixing very well, so I warmed it up just a teensy little bit, so it would mix better. Like I said, this house is really cold.
4th) Poured the mixture into my clean deodorant tube. There was a little extra, so I put it in a tiny container.
5th) Hasn't happened yet, but tomorrow, I'll be testing out my creation. The only issue I have so far is: Will I smell like coconut? Will I get aggravated with the smell?
No comments:
Post a Comment