Friday, April 12, 2013

Perpetuating an Alter Ego figure Drawing

I gave up on sword drawing after a long night of poor sleep. But I'll get back to it one day. I did include swords in today's drawing though, I'm not sure they are appropriate for what it's turned out to be. I'm working on form and poses and seeing if I can figure out proportions and perspective in those poses. It was not my original intention for this particular figure to be a "super hero" at all. Actually; it's the feet that throw me through a loop. I'm not sure what would make for appropriate footwear for a warrior, or I don't know how to draw it. So I slapped on some boots and I thought they looked kinda super hero-y, so I penciled in a matching mask.
Beyond that, she's got a t-shirt and stretchy capri's. I'd already penciled in the basic lines for the weapons, so I kept them. Besides the strange sizing if I stare at the legs, I did an okay job. It could definitely be better, but it's okay. Better than I anticipated anyway. Now to choose a color scheme for this one. I'll probably sketch a few more figures for practice before the week is up. Then, if I come up with something good, I'll put it into an illustration.
Actually; Axure pointed out that it looks like a pirate with the swords... so it's a pirate.




No comments:

Post a Comment