
I've been thinking lately about making something for myself to wear to our engagement party. I'd like something that I know will fit me when that time comes. That of course lends itself to the nature of a One-Size-Fits-Many type thing, which I've never done before with clothes. I've also been wanting to make something out of a pillow case. Then I realized that right now, I'm too big around to make anything out of a pillow case. I did find some rather large pillow shams though. They're kinda really ugly. The colors are very dull, and not really in my normal color range. But I figured; what the hell, I can make something out of this. Since it's much larger than a pillow case, and opens in the middle, verses one of the ends, none of my previous ideas would work. After taking out the thread that would separate the pillow from it's ruffly shamminess, I realized that it was one large stretch of fabric folded over on itself, and it might have been homemade to begin with. Regardless, I wanted to keep the same basic idea, so I set to work. Cut some edges here, stitch some seams there, and viola! An ugly shirt. It does smack of similarities to an old blue and white giraffe print shirt I had back in High School, except that was a blue and white giraffe print, and therefore much much cooler. This will work. It will clothe me. I'm not sure about it's size versatility, but I can always change it into something different later.


What do you think? Do you have any ideas on how I might improve this? Or ideas of what I can do with the other Sham? :D
No comments:
Post a Comment