![]() |
| My mad pile of fabric and whatnot |
![]() |
| My new big box |
![]() |
| The finished box |
I started by resealing the top of the box and then cutting one of the long edges open.
Then I cut off each of the narrow top flaps.
Tape together the flaps on their short side, then measure, mark and cut out a front flap shape.
Tape the front flap shape to the raw edge of the top.
My box came with removable reinforcements, I cut them apart and set them aside for later.
Sorry I don't have any pictures of me actually covering the box in fabric. But after the box is constructed to your liking, you can cover it in fabric. What I did was iron out the fabric I was using, then lay the box on the fabric and cut around it. I was able to fit a long side then roll the box to fit a short side per each cutout. Then I stapled the edges of the fabric to the inside and bottom of the box, stretching it taut over the sides. For the top I stapled the backside of the fabric first, upside down, then flipped the remaining fabric over the top of the box. So that the staples didn't show. (That may be super confusing, I apologize).
For the inside, I did pretty much the same thing. I was able to get one long strip of fabric to go from the flap all the way down the back and up the other side, then I had smaller panels for the sides. I stapled the fabric down at all the corners. The above is a picture before I wrapped the last two removable inserts. for those I just wrapped them in fabric and stapled it closed at the bottom. To be honest; they look a little worse for wear, but they're inside the box, so I'm not too worried about it.
Ta-dah! The fabric is now organized. Yes, the box is bowing a little bit, but it's all in there and looks a lot less unsightly in my room. Now I just have to find a place for my sewing machine and my printer, and the rest should fall into place.











No comments:
Post a Comment