Just one more week until the wedding... This past one was a doozy. I re-dyed my hair, set up guest rooms, cleaned the house, made party signs for birthday and congrats, decorated the house for said parties, made a bouquet, made bridesmaids gifts, failed at making the bolero for the wedding a third and final time, baked a cake and cupcakes, worked on adding music to an emergency wedding playlist, wrapped presents, and cleaned the house some more. Though, I'm sure that's an incomplete list.
Now, I understand that most, if not all of these things sound relatively un-creative. But hear me out. I crafted the Congrats and Happy Birthday signs by myself without template. The cake I baked was blue and orange to match the happy birthday decorations. Granted; the homemade cream cheese frosting was not, in fact the same blue as the decorations, but it was sufficiently blue to get the point across. Also; all that creative placement of paper flowers into a bouquet without actual stems, and onto other wedding paraphernalia was quite tasking on my creative juices. Also; if the bolero hadn't ended up being a failure; I'd list that under successful creative ventures. But seeing as it was a failure; it was just a complete waste of time and creative juice. Maybe not complete; but mostly. Now; it is 6:30 am, I still have to pack, do my hair, get dressed, and be in Indianapolis by 3pm. I will add photos later... When I get a chance... Like I said; only one more week.
No comments:
Post a Comment