I went to the thrift store to find pants that fit my larger than ever body. I did find some "classic fit" jeans that fit me around but not lengthwise, nor flatteringly. I opted to spend the $2.50 on them anyway and doctor them up a bit. A while back I read a few different tutorials about making any pair of jeans into skinny jeans. I do not currently have any that fit, but winter is coming, and skinny jeans are ideal with the boots I own. Also; if they remain too short, for their use, it won't be a bad thing. Thus, I give you, the making of the skinny jean.
Can't really tell in this picture of the pants on, but these are the before photos. The first step is to flip the pants inside out.
Put the pants on while inside out, and button them up. Then sit down and pin them. I've seen it told both ways; inside seam, or outside seam. I believe what all the tutors are trying to say is; pick the seam that's single, not doubled over. (Not sure why the one photo turned sideways).
Once the pins are comfortably in place, carefully take the pants off. Mark and even out the line that will be your new seam. Loosely stitch (Stay stitch) the seam and try them on again, to make sure they fit, and they can be put on. Make adjustments if necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment