It is now the end of January (Literally the last day of the month) in 2014. And I'm finally doing a postable project. Yay!
Puese and I have this bad habit of hating to wash the dishes, yet loving having a clean kitchen. We've decided to make a game of it; or a reward system rather. It started as the idea of: Each time we do the dishes and they are more than just our own (like we get home from work and there's dishes on the sink that we didn't dirty, but we wash them anyway) we get to enter our own name into a jar. When it's time for date night, we empty the jar and see whose name in in the jar most. That person gets to select what we do for date night. But then; Puese and I are terribly indecisive sometimes so I thought of a secondary idea to go with the first. We shall have a second jar with ideas in it for date night. Once we withdraw an idea from that jar, we have to plan that date. It can be anything from camping, to seeing a movie, to going ice skating, etc. Yesterday we went to the dollar store to see what we could find for creating this game/point system. (because we don't have jars or coins/disks (we do have things to put our names on, but they're boring paper) to use for it). We left with four vases; two tall, and two small, and two sets of those decorative clear colored rocks. I had sticky notes, paint, a picture frame and a printer, so I was set.
Behold; the date night jars!
.jpg)
Granted; the idea changed slightly, to make it happen. For the date night ideas we have this sticky note pad, with its' sticky side face up. We can write our ideas on the pad (with the pen provided) and stick them in the "Date Night Vault."
.jpg)
The Date Night Vault; if you hadn't gathered, is the "Jar" or in this case the vase that we're keeping those date night ideas in. With the above mentioned sticky notes, we can fold the ideas over on themselves to stick to its own paper and make a sort of secret envelope. So the ideas don't show when we are fishing them out. On the vase itself I simply used acrylic paint, which over time can scratch or wash off. Because some day I may learn to write on glass better... I mean come on, that writing is atrocious! I'm also pretty non-committal for crafts.
.jpg)
.jpg)
For the other jar, we've called it the Date Night Bank. We chose two different colored rock/disk/things to use as representation instead of our names on paper. When the time comes we count out the colored rocks in the Bank vase. For these tiny vases I wrote our names on each and filled them with the colored rocks to represent us. Puese gets green and I, Ceeyena, get blue.
And just in case we forget how these things work, I made a little rule plaque. It reads:
"Date Night Bank;
Deposit one of your coins (rocks) for
each time you wash the dishes, and they're not all yours.
Withdraw all coins when date night is
necessary date night plans are chosen by the one with the most
deposited coins.
Date Night Vault;
Deposit ideas for different date night
plans.
Withdraw one plan when date night is
wanted, yet no ideas are available."
TahDAH!!!! Now I'm going to go wash those dishes which my dear hubs dirtied last night and this morning... I Win!
(And then I went and wrote some more on Mrs. Puese Laviathan)
(And then I went and wrote some more on Mrs. Puese Laviathan)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment