 |
| Left to Right; Fushia, Puese, Ceeyena, Axure |
To go along with my
princess dress post from the other day, sort of. I'm going to go ahead and tell you about the costumes I made for the Renaissance Faire way back in April. Like seriously, I have no idea why I didn't post about these things before... I'll be better in the future.
 |
| Puese in his garb |
To begin I'm going to tell you a little story; Once upon a time there was this young couple that got married in Vegas, and then again in small town Wisconsin several months later. They waited to go on their honeymoon until the following (late winter) spring. For this honeymoon, they would spend a week in Maui, and then spend a week visiting family in Southern California. Whilst in California they would attend the Renaissance Faire. However; they needed appropriate attire for this event, and the husband didn't want to look like scrubs. He wanted it legit status. So the wife, skilled in this area, set out to make their costumes.
 |
| My garb on my dress form |
 |
| Puese's satchel |
And that's just what I did folks. It was like 2.5 solid weeks of work, before and after work, but it was totally worth it. He was a Renaissance Man, and I was a somewhat historically accurate female pirate. Keyword; somewhat. We scoured the internet for appropriate footwear for him, lucked out on a matching set of queen anne tankards/mugs on Etsy, and Fushia bought me my hat from ebay. I made his pants, my pants, his shirt, my shirt, his doublet, my vest, his satchel and my pouch. I found bits and bobbles around the house to complete the costume. Like belts and scarves and pins and things of that nature. And thus; we were ready to go. (I already had my boots, I'd worn them the prior year with our thrift store ensembles.)
What do you think? Not too shabby if I do say so myself. Since then we've added various items, like our matching Dragon Key necklaces, and my short sword, and his hat. Last weekend (not yesterday weekend, the one before that) Axure came out to
our Faire and some of Puese's old WoW friends joined us, coming in from Indiana. It was so GREAT! Puese and I are going back next weekend. We'd love to see you
there.
No comments:
Post a Comment