| The mess I made looking at fabric |
On the other hand, I do have a few oth
er projects that I could work on, but I don't have the appropriate fabric for those. For instance, I want to create a modern day Link, and/or a modern day Assassin top (tunic/shirt/vest/hoodie/outfit). That would make them modern day clothes that are character inspired, and not so much "Cosplay" (as a side note; I don't like that word, and I don't like when people call any COSTUME a COSPLAY, which may be the main reason I don't like that word). I personally believe that inspiration can be found in all places, which most definitely does NOT rule out video games. I suppose I'm focusing on those two games specifically (Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed) because Puese's birthday is coming up in just over a month. But that doesn't mean I can create something awesome for him and then create something the same or similar for someone else, based on their own particular specifications.
The other projects I could work on include making Puese his grilling/cooking apron. When I made mine, I also got all the materials to create his. However, for his I want to put some wording on the front, and I'm not sure what that wording should be. I am partial to plays on words, but I asked him specifically what he'd want on something like that and he said "Mmmmmmerrcileeess Gladiator!" That's not really a play on words, and I'm not sure anyone else would get it except those who know about Athene. There's also the question of how many M's would be required, and how to apply said words to the apron.
Similarly, I do have all the necessary materials to make this one dress. I even have the pattern. The problem is, I don't like how it fits. I already made the same dress for myself in yellow, and I'm not sure how the fix this particular issue. It's actually the same basic issue I always have when making things for myself. Sleeves. In this case it'd be the armholes, and their largeness providing ample amounts of side boob and a great portion of my bra. Not good. I think it's safe to say I'm still novice material when it comes to fitting patterns... I've taught myself everything I know. I cut the pattern to fit across my bust, but then it's not exactly fitted, and I have issues with the sleeves/armholes, and in some cases the neckline being too large.
I guess what the real issue is, because obviously I have plenty of projects, is that I want to create costumes and garments, but I'm not feeling adequate in my abilities right now. (Which is preposterous! I'm Awesome!) What I'd like to do is afford to take that Victorian Undergarments or Corset making class, or in the very least be able to get the corset kit.
That being said, I am confident in my basic abilities making costumes for other people. Does anyone have a project for me? I may be offering a discount of up to 100% off or maybe just the cost of materials... Maybe?
No comments:
Post a Comment